App GPS Tracking
ORGSU App Tracking is super easy to use for any individual or team event. All that’s needed are smartphones and cellular data coverage. Athletes or teams need to download ORGSU Tracking App to their smartphones and carry them with them during the race. The event organizer (or timer) must distribute the access codes.
Information for athletes
- Login codes are provided by your event organizer.
- Ensure your battery is full and mobile data are on.
- Switch off all Wifi/Bluetooth connections.
- Allow location services on your device for the Tracking App.
- Do not allow ‘GPS accuracy’ by Wifi. Use the device only option.
- Enter the codes. No matter the caps lock. The bib can be entered into any field.
- Ensure the first data has been gathered and sent on the only App page.
- There is no map information in the App. It only sends location data to track your race.
- Store your phone in a plastic waterproof box.
- Make sure the device has easy access to the sky on a forearm, or on top of your backpack.
- Don’t worry about the phone going to sleep, the App works in the background.
- Use the app in an event of distress. There is an SOS button to message the race organizer.
- Log off the App after the race.
How to get tracking on the event’s site?
- Register your company as an Event Organiser.
- Setup your event or send us its description and we will set it up for you.
- Import all your current athletes into the start list or open online registration on your website.
- Specify checkpoints for your race, there is a handy Google Map to help you do so.
- Do your test timing and test tracking ahead of your race to gain confidence. Delete all the test data.
- Inform your athletes that they need to download the ORGSU Tracking App.
- Create and publish the tracking applet, a function that will show your athletes on a map during the race.
- Supply your athletes with the login credentials for the Tracking App.
- Install a data projector and show the GPS Tracking live at the venue. That will ensure a good spectator engagement when athletes are on course.
- Time your race with the ORGSU Timing App – read more here
The cellphone solution is literally hundreds of times less expensive than SPOT devices. You can combine SPOT devices with smartphones if you wish, for top athletes perhaps.